Saturday, February 19, 2011

Check Out the Links

I've been playing more with my template on here and changing things up. Well actually, I'm giving myself entirely too much credit. I actually am just adding a few links on the side to some of my friend's pages (blogs, websites, etc). I don't know how to do much else than that.

Anyway, make sure to check those out. These folks are not only WAY more interesting than me, but they update more frequently. It's a pretty eclectic mix, so you won't notice any similar themes from site to site.

Most of them are sort of potluck, whatever they're thinking about, they'll post it. Others though are an encounter of something going on in their lives, or a goal that they're setting for themselves.

The blog that I just added is from a guy who I've known for years through camp. First as a camper, then as a counselor. He's in El Salvador as a Peace Corps volunteer. His writings give us a good idea of what a Peace Corps member goes through when out on assignment. I find this interesting because I've actually looked into joining the Peace Corps several times. Never serious enough to enquire and apply, but enough to do several weeks of research. I just can't imagine being away from home for that long at this point in my life. Another aspect I enjoy, is that while reading you gain more of an appreciation for the things we take for granted here in the States. I don't think a lot of people realize just how lucky we are to be where we are.

If you have the time, check 'em out. If not, come back later and give them a read. I don' think you'll be disappointed!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Thurber Nation said...

Thanks for the link to my blog, Sancho.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home