Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Trend...

Call me way before my time if you will. I've had this Hacienda Del Gringo thing going for several years now..(Actually just checked, and it's been 6 years and 1 day.) Just in the past few months, I've had several friends either start their own blog, or start advertising their blog via twitter or facebook. Reading their posts, their deep thoughts, or their lighthearted fare makes me long for the days that I really enjoyed sitting down and hacking away on that old Gateway computer I had (later the Dell laptop, now the Sony Vaio).

Now does that mean I'll make daily entries, and turn this blog thing into a tell all encounter of my life. Well no. Let's just say that I'll try wholeheartedly to take a little time out of my day to write things here and there. Things that I see that are funny, maybe deep thoughts, or just random silliness.

I've had multiple people ask when my next post will be. Or the why haven't you written on your blog in ages. That makes me feel good, that people actually take the time to type in the HdG web address and see if I've actually made any updates. People even ask about it when there's been a year between postings (or more in some cases). To you folks, thanks...It's nice to know there might actually be a few who DO care what this guy thinks..

In short, the reason I don't post often (even though I do think about it) is because I don't like being negative. I know a lot of people have their blogs so they can sit down, rant and rave about how mistreated they are and how the world hates them. That's not my M.O. I am, and always have been a glass half full kind of fellow. There for a while, the only time I'd sit down and type is when I had the feeling that I was being mistreated, and the world hated me.

That's not the vibe I want to give off to anyone who "checks in" on me via this blog thing...I won't always be sunshine and flowers, but hopefully I can bring a lot of smiles to the faces of anyone who checks in, or stumbles upon my creation...

Also realize I'm not perfect, I don't edit my posts, I don't go back and read what I've just typed. I just let it flow, sometimes forgetting to do the spell check, then click publish.

Sometimes I debate if I should even publish at all. A wise man once told me that I should sit down, type things out, and if I feel it has a negative vibe, just erase it. It's more fun to have it here where I can go back and read it after the fact though. That way, days, months or even years later I can look back and see how ridiculous I am/was!

What you're getting is unequivocally me. Hope it's enjoyable, and I hope it makes you think....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home