Monday, April 02, 2007

Highs and Lows

It's been a month since the last post, so I figured after the events of today I should put some ink to paper (or whatever the computer equivalent is). My life still isn't all that exciting, but here lately there's been a lot going on.

Spring has sprung. There are many indicators to be seen. The grass in the front yard is already at hip height. The trees are blowing up, full of leaves. More and more people are leaving the house in short pants, and short sleeves. My favorite signal though, happened last night, and today. Opening day of Major League Baseball.

Baseball is by far my favorite sport. I must admit that it is at times boring to watch, unless you have a team that you like to follow. I'm one of those lucky ones that has a team. It's hard for me to sit and watch a game that my team isn't playing in though. Today was the Astros first game, and through 8 full innings, everything looked great. Then Long-Ball Lidge came in and gave up a game tying home run. I know it's the first game, and there are 161 more, but it was just about the most nerve wracking moment I've had during one of their games.

I have not been one of the naysayers on Lidge's position with the team. I've always said that he just needs to fix his confidence, and he'll rebound from last years campaign. I figured he'd have a great season this year, close to 40 saves, and I could tell all those people who doubted him that it was just an off year. After tonight, my mind is changed. They should trade him tonight, and not a second later. Frustrated is an understatement.

To get my mind off of that, I flipped over to the NCAA Tournament final to cheer on Florida. Not that I usually applaud the Gators, or feel any disdain for Ohio State. Only because I filled out 2 different brackets this year, and in both I had Florida winning it all. Florida won! I for sure won one of the groups, and from what I hear probably won the other.

There you have it, the reason for my title. I'd probably trade in the bracket success for an Astros win. I've heard it said many times that the first game of the season is indicative to the rest of the season. If that's the case, we're in trouble.

Hope everyone is doing well...I'll try to post more often!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home