Wednesday, February 28, 2007

No Good Deed...

No good deed goes unpunished. I heard this interesting quip today and it really fit the situation. When people have done something to help out a friend, they hope that it betters their friend's situation. Does it sometime show weakness though?

People who try to do good things for others get labeled with the do-gooder tag, and set themselves up to be walked all over. Hence the saying, no good deed goes unpunished. You try to help someone out by giving them an inch, and they turn around and take a mile.

It doesn't have much to do with me, more just friends of the family. They hit hard times a few months back and we helped them out of it. One of the conditions though, was that it was a one time deal. Surprise surprise, who comes back 3 months later asking for something else? If there was any chance of some kind of reparation I wouldn't look upon it as such a bad thing. Without that though, you're getting screwed on both ends. You're being taken advantage of and you end up holding a little bit of a grudge.

The grudge just happens. You might try not to hold ill will towards those folks, but simple enough, they pop up. You start to avoid them, for fear you're going to be taken advantage of again. Saying no would be the panacea for the problem, but who can tell a good friend no? You feel the obligation to help, because you are in the spot where you can do so.

Ha..This has been weighing on me today. A lot has been weighing on me. Imagine all of that load in addition to all the poundage I already carry around. Sheesh, my legs should be toned by now. I just hope that I get everything swirling around in my mind figured out soon. I'm about to pull what little hair I have left out!

Thank goodness for good friends...

I'm out...have a good one, one and all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home