Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Boycott

Nothing too much new to report. I did today though, decide I'll be boycotting two local businesses. I won't say their names, but instead tell the stories...

First off, my vet. Today was Gus's one year check up. Everyone knows I ain't got no job, so money is tight. I was needing to transfer some money from one account to another. A process that sometimes is done automatically, but when you really need it, takes 3 friggin' days. Well, so I ask the vet's secretary if there is any way they can bill me. Keep in mind that I not only use this vet for Gus's medical needs, but also anytime that I need to board him, I take him there. So in the past year I've probably spent over $500 there (and paid in full when picking Gus up). Well the secretary very rudely doesn't say anything but no. I told her I'm in the midst of transferring some money from one account into the other, and was afraid that I'd write a hot check if I wrote one today. She said, sorry I can't help you. So this afternoon, I went and paid with a check regardless, and also got all of Gus's records copied. He's gonna' have a new vet next time he needs something.

Second...On my way to pick up Gus, I stopped at a convenience store and put some gas in my truck. I went inside to pay, and picked up a Gatorade because we had a basketball game this afternoon, and I needed to recharge my electrolytes. When I was paying, one of the girls behind the counter walked up next to the girl that I was paying for my gas and drink and asks me if I want a shamrock. I had no earthly idea what she was talking about, so I politely said no thank you. Then I looked down and she had all the shamrocks that benefit M.S. or something like that. Had she asked if I wanted to donate a dollar to help fight M.S. I would have given her a dollar, put my name on a shamrock, and posted it on the wall next to the others. Instead she just asked if I wanted a shamrock without making even a gesture to the stack of the paper ones that were a bit out of view on the counter. So after I said no thank you, she looks at me and says, "Well you are probably going to hell". Straight up tells me that. I didn't know what to say, so I said, I guess so. I grabbed my Gatorade and change and headed towards the door.

The second of these was one of those times when you think of all the perfect things to say 10 minutes afterwards. I could have just said one word that would have trumped anything she could have said. Starts with B and sounds like Witch. I'm above that though. I won't be buying any more petrol from them...

The Basketball game...Wow, it was a blast. We played for about 2 hours. I still am not worth a dang, but I have fun. I'll be extremely sore tomorrow.

Houston Go Texan Barbecue cook off this weekend. It'll be a blast...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can reveal that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=file lock 6.1.4 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you suffer with not used. Or you partake of the dreary methods of development of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home