Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Reflections

It's been a while again. Two or three times a week I have these thoughts where I think, "man, I should really write about this". When I sit down to do so, I end up looking at other things, and deciding it's not really worth my jotting it down.

Since the last time I wrote, I've gained another year. It's hard for me to believe that I'm aging like this. 26 years old was once unfathomable. I didn't figure I'd ever hit it. Well, I figured I'd hit it eventually, but not for like 100 years. I don't really feel 26. I can't be sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I know last year on my birthday I wrote a long blog on where I was in my life, and what I hope to accomplish in the upcoming (presently the past) year. The theme was pretty much, I'm 25 and haven't done a thing in my life to distinguish myself as a big part of society.

A year later, I could still say the same thing. I have a bit of a different outlook now. I still haven't done many of the things I was hoping to accomplish, but they'll happen, I have no doubt. In my 25th year I have many things to be proud of. I won't go into listing them all, but there's a lot. I graduated school, had a great job, went to Costa Rica for a month, and also have a new best friend (or should I say Man's best friend).

I'm still a good son, and I'd like to say I'm a good friend. I realize that I have my differences and that's what makes me unique. Would I change anything about myself? Hell yes. Not too terribly much though. I wish I was a bit more of an extrovert. I think I do a good job of talking with others, but I don't like being in unfamiliar situations where there are a bunch of new people. Once I meet everyone, it's all good, but those moments leading up to that turn my temperature up a bit. It may be nerves, or may just be something else. I can't say for sure.

Other situations, like when I was working at camp, when I'd meet new people and get to answer questions for them that didn't bother me at all. Perhaps my problem is just that I hate the feeling of not being prepared, or being stuck in a situation where there is too much spontaneity. That doesn't really sound right, I like being spontaneous, I'm not completely boring. Just in certain situations I prefer knowing what's going on, or being a part of the happenings.

I'm pretty much just babbling now, but it's a subject that I've put a lot of thought into. I know there are people out there that feel the same way. I go into this next year knowing the changes I want to make, and the changes I need to make. There isn't too much differentiation between the two. I hope I can make it happen. I imagine so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home