Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween & Dia de los Muertos

I figured tonight we'd have at least a few trick or treaters show up at our house now that we live in town. I was wrong though. All that means for me is that the huge bag of candy I bought will either have to be given to someone else, or more than likely devoured by my fat self. I'm hoping for the first of the two.

I was trying to think tonight of the last time that I went out and had a big Halloween. I truthfully can't think of it. I don't know if that means I'm getting old, or maybe Halloween isn't my pick of holidays. Actually, it's not my pick, but it's fun none the less. I prefer another day where eating too much unhealthy food is the custom. Tomorrow if the first day of November, and only a few weeks later comes Thanksgiving. By far my fave.

November also brings my birthday. Another year gone by. I remember last year being home for my birthday. Not too much going on. I've hit that point where the birthdays are just another passing day. Nothing much to celebrate anymore. Another year gone by, and not too terribly much new to report. It's my day thought dangit. Ha, Gus also turns one in November. The 15th to be exact. I always thought each dog year was supposed to be equal to 7 human years. Turns out that may be wrong though. Who pays these people to do research like that?

Tomorrow is another holiday. Only not so much in the states as it is in Latin American countries. Dia de los Muertos has always been one of those Latin American things that's drawn my interest. It's just so far from anything that we in the States (other than the Latin folks) would think about doing. Neat though.

Yeah, not too terribly much going on right now. Actually there is, but I'm trying to get it all sorted out. I'll write more on it when I figure it out! Happy Halloween! Have a great one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home