Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Day 17

Not too much to report today. Last night a group of us went to see King Lear at the National Theatre. It was a traveling group (troupe?) from England that was putting it on. They did a good job, and it was entertaining to watch because it was 7 people putting on the whole show. I needed my High School English teacher there to translate for me though. After so many thee's, thou's, and other fun words like that I was worn out. I remember reading it in High School, and remembered most parts of the play, so I was able to follow it a bit. It's a sad story, a tragedy I think is what it's called. Very interesting. There is a book called 1000 Acres that is the present day version of it. I read that too, but don't remember too much.

It's thundering and lightening here. Like everyday, but it looks like the rain is going to hold off for a few hours. I wish Kerr County could get about a 10th of the rain that we've had since I've been here. It's somewhat annoying because everyday that we leave school, it's raining. Luckily, I live right around the corner, so I don't have to travel too far. When I want to go anywhere else though, I get soaked. This rain isn't umbrella or rain jacket rain, it's stay inside 'till it dissipates rain!

I've started crossing the street to the super market (Automercado) every day to get my lunch. Today I had a big sandwich, a bag of chips, and a big bottle of tea (not good tea) for less than 3 bucks. I wish I could find food like that in the states! One of the administrators here at the school said this morning that it's hard to find a bargain anymore in Costa Rica. I've been really impressed with things though. Sure paying $55 for a canopy tour was a little too much, but where else am I going to be able to do something like that? The tickets for the play last night were 1,500 colones. With my student discount it was 1,200 colones. That works out to be a little more than $2. I paid more for my lunch!

Well I've been thinking about what I'm going to do when I get back to the states a lot lately. I kind of wish I could just stay here for longer, like a couple more months. I really want to get this Spanish thing down. I need to get back though. I'm frustrated with the Spanish right now because they're throwing about 6 different verb conjugations at us at once. I don't know when I'm supposed to use them all. I wish we could focus on one, get it down, and then move to the next. Maybe I'm just a slow learner though. Anyway, when I get back I can't wait to dove hunt. I'm looking more forward to that than anything. As for work, I'll have that figured out real soon...

So tomorrow is the season premier of Grey's. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it starts at 9 here because that's when the black out ends. Otherwise, I'll be frickin' miserable. What a great show...If anyone wants to tape it for me, well...that'd be....just special..

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. See y'all soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im taping Greys tonight. Let me know if you didn't get to see it.

Whit

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home