Monday, August 21, 2006

notes

Another exciting day here at work. I'm the only one in the office this morning and there is absolutely nothing to do. I ran across this online radio station called radiofreetexas.org that I have playing on my computer all day now. It's a fun station that lets you request music from Texas Artists. As I write this, I've got Mark David Manders playing. I haven't seen him play in a couple of years probably. He just stopped going to Lubbock while I was there. I wish he'd play somewhere closer to Kerrville.

Another exciting thing about this site is that Sean Kendrick is on there. For those of you who don't know Sean, he's a local guy. He actually worked here at camp for 3 summers around the turn of the century. He picked up the guitar one day and hasn't set it down. Now you can request his music on this station. He's actually one of the most requested artists. One of his songs is at #21 on the request list right now. I've probably requested it 7 or 8 times, which means that a lot of other people have been doing the same. So if anyone gets a chance, go to the site and request some Kendrick.

Onto other things. Since my last post, things have worked themselves out for the most part. The move is over! We haven't unloaded every box, but we're close. It's beginning to look a little more like a home now. Minus the furniture that is. Hopefully today a trip to San Antonio will fix that. We got television hooked up over the weekend, which was a God send because I had been getting so bored without it. I'd actually picked up quite a bit on my reading. It seems now though, that there isn't anything entertaining on the TV.

I made a trip to San Antonio yesterday that didn't exactly turn out as planned. I was supposed to go and take my Mother out to eat, but she never answered her phone, and somehow slept all day, so I ended up just going to a few stores and buying things I don't need. I did get a new pair of shoes though. I'm excited about them. They are the fratty New Balances, the grey ones, and they are comfortable as can be. I also bought a new book, A Confederacy of Dunces. Which I'm excited about. I remember seeing it on someone's favorite books list, and ran across it in Barnes and Nobles so figured I'd get it. I haven't started it yet, but it'll be one of the ones I take to Costa Rica with me.

So Costa Rica...Classes start 2 weeks from today. I'm a little nervous about going, but as each day rolls by, I get more and more excited. I'm also pumped that after I'm done with classes a friend of mine is coming down for 7 days or so, and we're going to do a quick tour of the West Coast. If anyone else is interested, start working on your passport and let me know!

That's all for now. I don't know if I'll do any updating on here until I leave for Costa Rica. I'll try to update while I'm there though. I don't know if I'll be able to put any pictures up or anything, but I'll try. If not, I'll put them all up when I get back. Leave me a message on here, email, or myspace or facebook me if you want to get a hold of me while I'm down there.

Over 1200 views now...Does anyone actually care what I think?


Talk to all of you soon...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SOOO SOO SOO excited and happy for you about Costa Rica! I think you are going to absolutely love it! Woo hoo for taking life by the horns.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home