Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bachelor Parties and Wholesomeness

Two things that don't go together all that well. This weekend though, I had to do my best to juggle the duo. During the summers I do my best to walk the straight and narrow. Not that I'm crazy during the other 3 seasons, but I do like to go out and have a good time. This weekend was an exception to the rule though. Bachelor Parties...All my friends are falling like flies, so this is the 4th bachelor party I've been to in the last year. Most seem to be a 2 day party of debauchery and decadence, this past weekend was no exception.

Everyone I'm sure has those friends who seem to be a little bit nuts, or even borderline crazy, this weekend we honored one of those. Imagine around 20 guys, the majority of them being past football players for the University of Texas. I'm not sure if there is a word that can describe the atmosphere when you've got that many of these guys together. Crazy doesn't do it justice. It's always one trying to out do the other. The end result is most of the time hilarious. Then you have those few of us that are just trying to hold on for the ride. It's hard to get a word in, but it's not a problem for me. Sometimes it's better to just sit and listen, otherwise you'll miss something.

Like I've said a ton of times on here, I won't go into my stories about who did what, and my weekend escapades. There was one quote though that does this entire weekend justice, especially since it was a rather expensive weekend on top of everything else...

"You can't put a price tag on a good time".

The man who coined that phrase this weekend also had another good quote when waking us up at 5:30 in the morning to go fishing:

"If you want to soar with the eagles, you've got to hoot with the owls".

Read into that one however you want. The whole point of my story is that when you're trying to have a summer full of wholesomeness, don't go to a bachelor party in the middle of it. A great time had by all.

When we got back to camp earlier today, I threw all those thoughts and descriptions of the weekends activities out the window. I grabbed my walkie talkie and headed down to change lives.

Back to business sancho...dang I've got a good life...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wholesome... G.S.M? I don't know... an interesting show and tell behind some trailers in old Ingram Texas might suggest otherwise... :)

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home