Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Nostalgic Kick

Anticipation or apprehension, one or the other, at this point I just don't know for sure. I've been racking my brain this last week trying to figure out exactly what I am going to do when the summer is over. The one certainty is that I know I want to get out of this area for a little while. Not necessarily forever, but long enough to learn more about myself. Often times one has to take themselves out of their element to find things that are pertinent to their future.

I've got jobs available to me, and plenty of sources to find other jobs, but a part of me wants to do it on my own. On the other hand I know the smart thing to do is use your contacts and get your feet wet somewhere. I just don't know how many connections I've got where I want to be. It's funny how that locale changes monthly. For a while I thought it was Dallas, then a while Atlanta, Houston (which still doesn't sound all that bad), but San Antonio has it's appeal as well. I guess that's the beauty of not knowing what's going on, all my options are wide open.

Today I had a kick of nostalgia though. Before having to go back to college to finish up (a second time), I had this huge desire to study Spanish somewhere in Latin America (preferably Costa Rica). I've never lost my aspiration to study Spanish, but when the relationship with the Mexican girl was over, the urgency was lost as well. Well today at the office, when there wasn't much going on I searched for Spanish Schools in Costa Rica. A site popped up that I'd never seen before, so I clicked it, and ended up spending about an hour there. The prices seemed doable, and the school seemed to have everything together. I always wonder about the testimonials that some of those places have. I mean I could write my own testimonials about how wonderful my blog is and no one would know. These appear to be legit though, and even without the testimonials it all sounds good. So long story short, I've got the itch again.

Call it what you will, maybe I'm prolonging the inevitable by not jumping into a job, but there is so much appeal in doing something like this for me. Who knows if I'll ever get the chance to do it again, the way I figure it is that this is more than likely the last chance I'll have. Jumping into a job means a lot of things. Mainly a consistent cash flow, but is also means permanent, and set times. When will I have the chance to take a month off and just go somewhere. It wouldn't be a total wash of time, because I'd be learning while I was there. While learning though, I'd be afforded the chance to visit one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

Sure it won't work out, but it's nice for a man to dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home