Friday, March 17, 2006

Highs & Lows

This week has been full of highs & lows for me. Everything is going great at camp right now, with the exception of the male counselor situation. Most of the week it was just three of us in the office, but with the NCAA tournament and other random things to chew the fat about, I actually looked forward to work! During the summer I always look forward to it, but during the off-season, its just so slow and boring its not all that enjoyable.

I would guess sometime around Tuesday something in the air caught my allergies and hasn't let go yet. On Tuesday though I felt like death rolled over twice. I got home at around 5:30 from camp and watched television for a bit. I was burning up and came back to my room to change into some shorts. Then I saw my bed, so at 6:30 I was in bed, just laying there. I just figured that the less I moved, the less I had to worry about. I was in the same spot until around 11 the next morning, with the exception of potty breaks and water runs. Fever, allergies, all that fun stuff. My Dad finally shoved some pills down my throat that must have knocked me out, because I was donesky at like 9:15. I went into work around noon, and stayed 'till about 4:30 that day. It's funny how some days there is nothing to do, then others you're swamped. I was pretty busy for a couple of hours, so I'm glad I ended up going in.

Seth James was playing in Fredericksburg yesterday, and since I was feeling a little better I decided to go. I'm glad I did. We had a blast. I don't know if anyone who reads this has heard of Seth James, if not you should. He is a blues bad ass. I'm not as big into the guitar as a some of my other friends, but even I know when someone is good. This guy is amazing. He's got a unique sound to his voice too. We had dinner, and a few beverages, and listened to music, talked about college days. Just an enjoyable night all around.

Then today was actually a lot of fun. Some of us in the office and some other friends and past counselors got into this NCAA tournament pool. No big stakes, just the satisfaction of winning! That doesn't mean we're not high rollers though, cause we are. We spend major Hamiltons. We had things here and there to do, but we ended up playing on our computers and talking about basketball and music most of the afternoon. The obligatory Friday LaFour's lunch was also entertaining. I feel blessed to have such good friends.

Now here I am, Friday night, not much to do. I decided home was the place to be. It doesn't hurt that my Dad decided that a Ribeye would be good for dinner. I'm not one to turn down a steak. The dogs have been going at it hard since we got home, hopefully Gus will decide to crash out tonight and not wake up until like 10 in the morning. I haven't slept that late in ages! We'll see I guess. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home