Wednesday, February 15, 2006

If I had a dime...

If I had a dime for every time I've been peppered by a shotgun, I wouldn't be rich, but I could more than likely buy a burger or something entertaining like that. I feel that the media is totally blowing this whole Cheney hunting incident out of proportion. I guess its not a new thing for them though, everything is made out to be a bigger problem than it actually is.

I remember in High School, we used to run out to my ranch after school and go dove hunting. Fun times! We used to have this field that was full of dove weed, and a few of us would stand on one side, and the rest on the other. Some days, the birds weren't flying, so one side or the other would squeeze off a shot from our 12 gauge shotgun in the air and pepper the group on the other side. A war would commence. While I realize that perhaps it wasn't the safest thing to do, at that distance there was only a slight sting from a bb hitting your arm. We don't do that anymore, but its a good thing that the media wasn't around or we would have been lambasted by everyone watching!

Now I don't want to say that I don't feel bad for the guy that Cheney shot, because I do. It sounds like he was pretty close. However, he didn't make his presence known. The few times that I've been quail hunting, we were told that we should always make sure that we are in a safe area behind the other shooter. He didn't do that, and Cheney should have perhaps been a little bit easier on the trigger. Accidents happen though, every day. The guy we hunted with last year had seen people peppered thousands of times, even a guy killed one time when not hunting safe. Why isn't that reported in the media. I guess the higher the pedestal, the higher the more eyes on you.


On a completely unrelated note, I locked my keys in my truck the other day. Yeah me. I got into the habit of locking my doors when I was in Lubbock, and usually catch myself when I try to lock them here. The other day I got out pushed the lock down with my elbow shut the door and walked around the truck. By the time I hit the nose of my truck, I turned around, and looked at the door, sure enough, keys in the ignition, door locked. Luckily we have a super mechanic that made his way over here and unlocked the door for me. It's a bit embarrassing. One time in Corpus with everyone visiting for Spring Break, I locked the keys in the truck while it was running outside of a restaurant. So yesterday I had a spare made, and it now resides in my wallet! No problem anymore!

Valentines day came and went. I got a call from Ana, that was nice. It was a pretty full day, full of Valentines love. I played with Gus, watched some Olympics, ate some pollo asada, which was fantastic, and spent about the last hour finishing up a book. It was a good book, but I was a little let down with the ending. I could tell it was going to be that way though, because it was about 500 pages, and when I was on 420 something, there was no start of a resolution in site. Oh well, it was still entertaining!

Have a great day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home