Thursday, December 29, 2005

Admiration

What a beautiful day, a December day. It's 75 degrees, and I'm sitting here in short sleeves. Kind of crazy to think about. I know at this time last year, it was pretty chilly. Two years ago at this time, I was freezing my buns off in Rome! I've always preferred the warm weather, and I certainly can't much complain about what we've had here this past week. The only time it really gets cold is during the night, which most people don't have to go out in. Me on the other hand, I have to go and walk my pup whenever he starts to make noises in his kennel. I don't want any little poopies in there, or on my floor, or wherever the heck he is. Still though, it's above freezing, and usually hovering around 40 degrees at 3 in the morn.

I just wanted to come on here and say that I know I've been complaining a lot about having to be back in the Ingram/K-town area, but I really love it. The beauty of this place is unmatched by anything I've ever seen. There may be some places in the world that compare, but these two eyes haven't seen them. I was thinking about that earlier as I crossed the low water crossing that runs to and from camp for the 4th time today. So many people that live in the city, or elsewhere, don't get to experience the hill country living. Rivers running lazily through miles and miles of hills. Towns that are laid out in the valleys that the hills create. People jockeying for the best real-estate so that they have "the view" from their porches. Things that we all take for granted are viewed by others as some of the most awesome things in the world. The low water crossing for example, I know numerous campers/parents who look forward to their trip to camp, partly because of the fact they get to drive across water to get into camp. I would imagine that a large portion of people from outside of the hill country would pull up and perhaps freak out at the sight of water running across the road!

I've heard it said that God Blessed Texas, but I think he doted on this area of the Hill Country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home