Thursday, December 08, 2005

Coffee Shop

I'm sitting in a coffee shop (something I never thought I'd do), trying to study (something I rarely do), and stressing out about passing this stupid economics class that I'm taking for the second time (something I didn't think I'd have to stress about). The last couple of days have seen me make two visits to this place of java, still haven't had any coffee, and still don't feel in the least bit confident about my test at 7:30 in the morning.

I've told my roommates that if I don't pass this class, that I'm going to disappear into Mexico for about a year. While I was mostly joking, there is some seriousness in my statement. Mainly, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do if this class doesn't work out for me. I'm more than likely stressing over nothing, but you know me, worst-case scenario, all the time.

To make matters a little worse, yesterday was the coldest day of the year, and possibly the entire time I've been in Lubbock, and guess whose heater decides to hit the skids. That's right, the heater at our house. So we had to find some temporary shelter, thank goodness for the wonderful girls on 28th street. I spent almost a month in Europe a couple of Decembers ago, and it never got this cold there. Or maybe I was a little better prepared for it. All I have now, is my Walls brush jacket (yes a Carhartt knock off), and a fleece. Neither by themselves do the job, so imagine me, looking like a fat imp wearing both my fleece and my brush jacket. Ladies beware.

While I'm stressed about things, I'm also cautiously optimistic. Finishing up is something that I should have done years ago, and the thought that I'm less than 12 hours from actually doing it makes me all warm inside (still not warm enough to go back outside). I'm semi considering, having my first cup of coffee in years, and making this an all nighter. Probably not the best idea though, since I feel that my brain is already pretty much satiated. (I think I've used that word twice in the last few blogs, I like it).

The weird feeling that I have here is that nothing is really sticking in my head right now. I read, and do problems, but all I have is ink on the paper, and nothing in my head. We'll see in the mornings I guess.

I'm not much on praying, so I'm not going to ask for that, but just think of me. If you do that, and it works, then think of me again, and maybe I'll get the rest of my life figured out!

Adios, if anyone else is still working on finals, good luck. If you aren't good friggin' luck with things anyway.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, whichever you prefer....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who buys knock offs

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home