Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Lottery Time

Well once again, no one won the dang lottery last night. Any time it gets over 130 million or so, a couple of friends and I play 10 dollars worth. I've gone into all of that before I believe though. I'm one of these people who sits and wonders what the hell I'd do with that much money in the bank.

I think of cars, and houses, and trips that would be in the works, but most of all, I figure I'd probably be dead after a few years. I would more than likely do all kinds of stupid stuff, and with each new adventure, more and more danger would be involved, and before you know it, kaput.

I'm not necessarily saying that I'm a danger freak, but I would always want to top the last thing I did though. There's some figure that I've been told before that says a majority of lottery winners actually file for bankruptcy not too long after winning the lottery. I would hope that I could put enough of it in different places so that I wouldn't have to worry about going bankrupt. At the same time though, there sure are a butt load of things I'd like to buy. I'd probably first put a Taco Casa in my house. That would be tight.

So I really have a problem with the whole lottery thing. I always have. I guess being from a town on the bottom end of the economic table, I've seen the lottery take away a lot of money that could have been used elsewhere. When you see a person spend the majority of their last paycheck on tickets, hoping that their luck will turn around, well it makes you think if there was no lottery, that the money spent could have actually helped them.

I guess I'm not so against it that I won't play though. Heck no, not when I can throw in a dollar and come back and win 262 million! That's the problem. Low risk, high reward. I actually am hoping that someone wins it this next week so I don't have to play anymore. If not, I guess I can throw another 10 bucks in, for the chance at nearly 300 million dollars...

This is kind of a random post 'eh? Well I just saw some old man buying 30 dollars of scratch off lottery tickets. Then after leaving the store, I saw him walking home. Maybe one of those tickets will buy him a car...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://ejrgorjr.com/gzfv/kexs.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://glnwhacr.com/lhjp/hfad.html]Cool site[/url]

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://ejrgorjr.com/gzfv/kexs.html | http://kujozspr.com/adxa/plny.html

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home