Saturday, October 15, 2005

That Guy

Now I usually won't go too much into my weekend exploits up here, but just a quick thought. You ever wake up the morning after a long night and wonder what the hell happened last night? Well I had one of those nights last night. It happens now and then that someone will be known as "that guy". Well that was more than likely me last night....

Now to things more important. The games were great today. My biggest problem was that the end of the Astros game, and the Notre Dame, USC game were at right about the same time. It sure would have been nice to have picture in picture, or 2 tvs today!

The Astros won, and lead the series 2 games to 1. I'm not to the point of getting cocky about it yet, but I like the way that things are rolling. The Cards are an amazing team though, and will no doubt make this a memorable series. I don't like thinking that perhaps it was Roger Clemens last game ever. Hopefully it won't be.

Texas Tech over came a horrible start, and ended up putting 59 points on the board. Cody Hodges threw for around 12 million yards, and Taurean Henderson had 5, yes 5, touchdowns. That leaves Tech at 6-0 going in to Austin, against Texas, who is also 6-0. Exciting, exhilarating, probably a better game on paper than it will be on the field though. I'll be excited if College Gameday goes to Austin, it's good press for Tech!

So I'm waiting on College Gameday Final to come on it's 12:45 pm and I wanted to be in bed like 3 hours ago. They better talk about Tech a lot on there...

The semester is flying by, and I'm excited about getting out of here. I like it a lot though, my roommates are awesome and we all hang out a lot. I still can't fight off the old man feeling though. It's weird to be 24, and still in college. I wish I had taken care of things a long time ago, but things happen for a reason, and I'll be ready for the next phase of life, whenever it comes around.

I've gotten back into the study abroad kick again. Not like through Tech or anything, but go to like a Spanish immersion program somewhere in Mexico or Costa Rica. I've found a few really neat schools, but I'll have to figure out how to pay for it first. It would work perfect for me in January and February. If I go to Mexico, I either want to study in Mazatlan, or La Paz. If I do end up going, I might as well enjoy the beach (and probably some Cerveza Sol too). More than likely won't happen, but it would be a super cool experience.

Excellent, College Game Day is about to come on...

Back to the sports thing. Someone asked me the other day what I would do if the Astros won the World Series. Well I really don't know, but I might just cry. They'll have to get there first though. If they do, I'd give anything for a couple tickets for my Dad and me. If I end up in Houston for work, I am most definitely going to get season tickets...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for not calling me back on Friday nite. I could tell you were hammered but I just wanted someone to talk to on my drive home. No biggie! I miss ya and most definitely think you should come in town this weekend for the game! :)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home