Tuesday, September 27, 2005

not much going on here...

This week I have my first two tests. The first is tonight in my Geography class. It's not really a test, but more like a computer exercise that is to be done in class. I really enjoy Geography, but not this class. I'm the kind of person who can look at a map for hours. This class is human geography. I enjoy many parts of human geography, like urban geo, and population geography, things like that. I think it's the teacher that makes this class kind of a bummer. It's the 4th class I've had from this guy, and he tries too hard to make his students feel stupid. At least he makes me feel stupid. He assigns a huge amount of reading of super boring material. I'd rather have my teeth pulled than read some of the crap that he assigns. So I don't read it, well I read what I have to. We only meet once a week, and have something due every class, so I read what I have to to complete the assignment each week. I was going to take the 2nd GIS course, but couldn't fit it in with the Economics class I am taking. That's where my second test is. It is on Thursday. I feel that I'm ready for it, and hope I am. I am going to end up with a minor in Economics, which is laughable because I'm horrible at it.

After the tests is going to be a great weekend. I'm flying out to Atlanta on Thursday night to see my sister. It'll be the first time I've seen her since she got married a year and a half ago! I'm also going to go watch the Vikings play the Falcons on Sunday. That will be my first NFL game, and it's awesome that I'll get to watch one of my best friends from high school play in it. We're going to go out to eat the night before. I'm looking forward to that. Other than that, I'm not real sure what all I'll be doing while I'm there. I'm just happy to be getting out of Lubbock, and getting to see my sister and brother in law!

For now, I guess that's it. Nothing too exciting going on here. This semester is really flying by quick. I need to get a job, which I eventually will. I don't know of many people that will hire someone who is only going to be around for 2 months. I'll tell more about my trip sometime next week. I might even have a picture or two! Excellent! Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home