Sunday, July 10, 2005

Takin' Care of Business

Often I wonder why exactly I do things the way that I do. I've had hell getting things accomplished in the last few years of my life. Mainly college. I'm close, but just don't have that motivation to finish it up. I should be finishing it right now, but my dyslexic self got things all screwed up. I won't dwell on that though. There is a much bigger picture, and a trend that seem to be stuck in. I don't know if I'd call it a trend, or a rut, regardless I need to change my ways.
It seems that I often do things halfway. I have great intentions when I start, but lose interest in them. The obvious example is a diet, but that's too easy. I love to eat too much. One day when I'm older and my arteries are clogged, I can start worrying about that. If I related this at all to sports, I would definitely be a horrible closer in baseball. I'd have like 50 blown saves, and an astronomic ERA. If there were some way for me to keep focus on one thing long enough, I believe my life would be totally different. I might seem somewhat scatter brained at times, but all in all, I think I've got my head together, it's just my interest that sometimes wanes.
I don't have any major way of solving my problem, I just wanted to write it out and see it in front of me. If there was something I could do, I probably would have by now. I think I know what I need though. I need to not be afraid of jumping without knowing what is out there. I guess I've been sheltered all of my life, and learned that if I don't push the limit I'll have a minimal amount of confrontation. The next 6 months of my life should prove to be my time to do exactly what I need to do. Push the limits, stretch the boundaries, and get out there and do things on my own. I'm thinking I need to get away. I need to go somewhere that isn't familiar, I need to go somewhere that is new. Where exactly would that place be? I don't know. I'm thinking Atlanta for a while. I don't want to leave forever, just long enough to get my head straightened out and gain a little more independence. If I had the money I'd leave on a trip around the world, but I can't afford that. Shoot, with gas prices the way they are right now, I can't afford to drive into town. I need to throw out the look before you leap, and just go for it. I guess I'll just have to do that....Someday.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home