Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Interesting Weekend

Well I've been up here for about a month and this'll only be my third weekend in Lubbock. I went back home for one weekend, and then went to Ruidoso last weekend. It was a blast. Woodbury Taxidermy was doing the big Elk hunt up there and we saw some huge bull elk brought in. I wanted to take some pictures with them, but there were always too many people around, and I didn't want everyone to think that I was trying to say I harvested the bulls. Although, had I gotten a picture with 2 or 3 of them, I would have said that. These things were unbelievable. I'd love to go back up there the next two weekends and actually help out a bit instead of standing around and watching. Someone brought in a black bear too. That was awesome. It was the closest I'd ever been to a real bear before. They do hunts in August or something like that for the bears, I might look into that in the next few years. It's not overly expensive and wouldn't it be sweet to have a sweet bear rug on the ground somewhere. Settin' the mood for you huh? Ha, well anyway, someday that'd be cool. I'm really not that big of a hunter. I think a large part of that has to do with not wanting to mess with things after I shoot them, but another part is that I'm a bit soft-hearted. It doesn't bother me to see others shoot things, but I get a weird feeling of guilt after I shoot something, it goes away after a few minutes though.

Back to this weekend. Two of my bestest friends are coming up for the football game. We play against Indiana State, which is no big whoop, but if Tech is ever to hang 100 points on anyone while in division 1 this might be the weekend. Cupcake or not, 100 points is amazing. I bet we score somewhere in the 60's to 70's. I wish we would have at least scheduled one good game. Texas had Ohio State, A&M had Clemson, we could have gotten an SEC team like Vandy, or Arkansas. Or gone out and played against the Pac-10. I would have loved to play one of the Arizona schools, (we could have gone to see Nathan or vice-versa). Basically anyone out there other than USC. No point in that. The team I'd really like to play is Louisville though. They might trounce us, but I want to see if they're the real deal. My friends will get here sometime late afternoon on Friday, then I'm sure it's off to Rocky's for a weekend of debauchery. The weekend after I'm going to Atlanta to see my sister and hopefully see Cullen play a football game.

I'm starting a diet, or not really so much of a diet, but watching what I'm eating, and getting more exercise. I hope I can hang on and do well with it. There are a lot of clothes I'd like to fit comfortably into again.

It looks like Rita might turn out to be a real problem. That's no news if you've been watching television though. I was happy to see that they had buses moving people out of Galveston. It's funny how after Katrina people are so on edge about another hurricane. When before everyone was so lax. How long will it take for people to go back how they were before? I say next hurricane season. It's like 9/11, 4 years after it happened, we didn't really hear that much about it on the anniversary. Have people already pushed it to the back of their minds? It's definitely not a date that I'll ever forget, it's my Dad's birthday, so it's in my mind all the time as it is. Back to Rita, I need to call and find out what people in that area are going to do.

Lastly, one of my friends from camp wrote an interesting piece on his blog. He's an extremely intelligent person and I wish he'd update his blog more often. He talks about looking through an old high school yearbook and wanting to relive a lot of the pictures in it. It's a lot of thoughts I've had before but could never lay out as well as he does. So check that out if anyone is reading this. It's Curt from Curt on my links to the right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home