Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Panic Button?

After another hair pulling loss tonight, the Houston Astros are lucky to still be in the lead (actually a tie) in the wild card race. I really thought that what they were putting together after the All Star Break was more than just a hot streak. This is a team with boat loads of potential. The top 3 pitchers could be aces of most any staff in the Majors, however when they don't get any runs, they are handed loss after loss (I was going to say earn, but that's not right). The bats are here and there, the only real constant has been, uhhh, well no one. I guess Ensberg would be the closest thing we have to it, but he's hot and cold.

I realize they have done well in the second half as a whole, but I feel here lately that the train is heading down the tracks instead of uphill. Should we reach for the panic button? Everyone on PTI a couple of days ago said that the Astros are still the best bet for the wild card, they are paid to report on sports, so surely there should be some validity to their predictions. Let's hope at least. After losing two series at home, one to the Pirates (who they should have swept), and one to the Cubbies, they are looking mortal again. This was the team with the best home record in baseball, well not anymore. I'm sure that waiting 'till the end to pull it out will end up selling more tickets, and getting better tv ratings. However, it's not good for my heart, so Astros, I'm going to keep my hand near the panic button, but not touch it yet. Get this thing wrapped up mid September, and lets start focusing on the braves in the first round. I dislike the braves....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home