Saturday, October 08, 2005

Texas Tech = God's Team!

After watching the game tonight, I've decided that there is a pretty good chance that GOD is looking out for the boys from Lubbock. There is no doubt in this guy's mind that Tech should not have won the game tonight. No matter how un-Christianlike it may seem to make that statement, I feel that Tech had a little more than luck on their side.

The fact that after the Nebraska interception with less than a minute left was fumbled and Tech got the ball back first and ten, made me believe that something crazy was happening. If the stupid guy from Nebraska had fallen down instead of trying to be the hero and return an interception, then this blog would probably be mute, and I would be well on my way to bed. With some kind of intervention, (by somebody) I'm here, and I'm blogging about Texas Tech being 5 and 0 and on their way to a super showdown in Austin in 2 weeks!

I understand the fact that the University of Texas is more than likely the 2nd best team in the Union, I believe that we MAY be top 20. However, with 2 undefeated teams, there might be the chance that ESPN's college gameday will end up in Austin, and give Tech enough hype to not only show up, but make one hell of a game out of the showdown a few streets down, from 6th street.

Lou Holtz is on television now, and I've always had nothing but complete respect for the guy, but he wears me out with the invincible smile. No matter how bad he's talking about a team, the smile doesn't go away. I think I should work for ESPN, or at least TBS. I would be the best sportscaster on TBS, and after watching the UT vs. OU game I could work for ABC.

I realize I'm probably my own biggest fan, but I could do enough studying to be WAY better than the guys that they have on their play by play...




Okay back to us. We need some work, but I think we got not only a huge victory tonight for the record, but also a huge momentum victory that showed that we can hang on the road. We'll have a hell of a time in 2 weeks in Austin, but after today, we're ready for the challenge.



On BET tonight, there is the game between Tuskegee and Morehouse. If there is anything more exciting than the battle of the bands that goes on every weekend with the colleges of the Southeast, I've never seen it!!!


Props to Baylor on their first ever in on the road in the Big XII.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm scared about our trip to Waco this year. With their coach with the cool last name, they are bound to be on the road to stardom!

After watching the highlights of the Tech game, I think we're God's ordained team for the Rose Bowl. I don't exactly agree with that statement, but that's what my roommate (Marc Taylor) says. Marc should not doubt start his own blog because he is a major inspiration behind the majority of what I have to say. I think that no matter how many times I see the highlights of the game, it gets my blood flowing, and it's as exciting as seeing it in person. Go Tech, enjoy the win, and beat the hell out of KSU, and UT, and whoever the hell else stands in our way....

Charlie Givens and I were on the same washers team tonight, and I felt like a pretty good guy for giving him his first win at the 2521 52nd street house in Lubbock.

Just in case there is any doubt in your mind, I thought I would tell you all that Collin Dieringer is the coolest guy I've ever met. I not only enjoy his company, but his sarcastic demeanor.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sanch-
That was by far the longest blog ever! I think you had been drinking before you typed it. PLEASE come to Austin for the TECH vs. UT game!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! I miss ya and love ya!

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home