Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I'll take the blame

It's all my fault. No doubt about it. I already had visions of game one on Saturday night coming from Chicago. The first ever World Series Game for my Astros. In the past I've known not to get too far ahead of myself when it comes to sports things. Last year when UT came into Jones SBC stadium, I thought there was a good chance we'd hang 70 points on them, like we did to Nebraska the week before. I wouldn't necessarily call it cocky, but confident, no, over-confident. UT ended up spanking us in that game. Last night Pujols ended up sending everyone home shocked. I bet a Cardinal fan would have loved to see the blank look on all the Astro fan's faces as they walked out of the juice box last night. I know I had one, and I wasn't even there. After the 'Stros futile attempt at a rally in the bottom of the 9th, I put my dishes in the sink, brushed my teeth, and laid down in bed. I haven't watched Sportscenter yet, or listened to ESPN radio. I'm inclined to stay in my bed, and only come out for the things I need, like food, water, and I guess class.

So let's get this straight. Astros with a 2 run lead going into the 9th inning, and Brad (light's out) Lidge on the mound for the 'stros. Fox likes to point out that the Astros are something like 13 bajillion and one in game when they are leading after 8 innings. Thanks. Who's at fault though? I guess I can't feasibly blame Fox. The Astros did everything they were supposed to. Eckstein's hit wasn't playable. Lidge did walk Edmonds to put two runners on, but can you imagine what was going through his head. Pujols is guilty though isn't he? Only of being the best baseball player alive. This has got me believing that it's my fault, over-confidence and all.

At least I know now, always have confidence, but not too much. My Dad called last night during the 8th inning to tell me that he's been listening to the Astros since 1963, he was 11. Well I figure I've been listening and watching them all my life. I don't remember it all, but I do remember from about the time I was 4 to now. Trips to the Astrodome, watching games on television, and all that jazz. The one thing I should have learned is, it ain't over 'till it's over. Thank goodness there are still 2 more games left in the series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home