Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Back to the Grind

Well it's Tuesday, 2 days after Christmas and I'm back at work. I don't like how Christmas and New Years both fall on weekends this year. Where's the vacation time that we've all come accustomed to in the past? Well I say all of us, but this is really the first time I've had to work, or do much of anything over the break between what is usually a fall semester and a spring semester. Regardless though, it's much more fun when holidays fall in the middle of the week.

To tell the truth though, (<---when someone says that, they're usually lying, not this time though) I'm happy to be back at work. I had a good time, and was glad to have both Friday and Monday off, but things can get awfuly boring at times around Kerrpatch. I know I've done the whole Kerrville is boring spiel, but I'm just being a bit truthful. This break was fun though, most of that is probably due to the new addition to our family (see below). I haven't been able to get much sleep, and my fingers have just about been chewed all the way through. Gus is still a cute pup, and he hasn't pooped in the house yet! Which is quite an accomplishment (I guess I should knock on some wood...done).

Without wanting to brag, or sound like a spoiled brat, (which most of you know I am), I got a lot of cool things for Christmas. I only asked for one thing seriously, and one thing joking around. I seriously asked for this little alarm clock thingy that my ipod will sit on top of, and I can wake up to the sound of music instead of the annoying beep of the old dream machine alarm clock I've had since I graduated. I jokingly asked for a puppy. I say jokingly, but there was some seriousness there. I definitely wanted one, but for me not knowing what exactly I'll be doing the next year or so of my life, it probably isn't the best time for one. I'm not complaining though. Well anyway, I got the puppy from my Dad. Then one of his friends, and the guy who is my Godfather got me the Ipod radio. Which is a funny story because he lives in San Antonio, and my Dad called and asked him to pick one up because he couldn't make it down there. Well the guy ends up saying that the radio will be from him, and that leaves my Dad presentless. In comes the Dog, and a happy Sancho.

There you have it, or I have them, the two presents that I wanted the most! Well later in the day, the guy who has lived out at our ranch forever comes to our house. He loves the little cokes from Mexico that they use real cane sugar in, so my Dad and I got him a case for Christmas. He says thanks, and drives back out to the ranch. About 30 minutes later, he pulls back up, and comes in with a cigar box. He comes up to me and says, well for graduating and Christmas, I brought you a few cigars. So I get the box, and he steps back a few steps, so I cautiously start to open the box, scared there's a snake or something inside, and it turns out to be a pistol. Now this was a totally unexpected surprise because, well, I wasn't expecting it (duh). Also though, because it's such an extravagant gift that I always figured that I'd be the one buying my own one of these days. Excellent Surprise!

Then Christmas day, we were over at the people's house that we always go to for holidays, and we got to talking about Guy Harvey. If you don't know who that is, you should. Well if you like the sort of things he draws, you should. He does all kinds of fishing and nautical drawings. He has t-shirts that I'm sure everyone has seen. Well anyway, we got to talking about Guy Harvey because the guy who owns the house has met him, and we all admire his drawings and things. He walks into the house, and comes out with this poster and gives it to me. I open it up, and it' s a Guy Harvey poster of peacock bass. Pretty sweet, well I look closer, and it's autographed! Another Excellent gift!

Like I said earlier, I don't want to seem like a spoiled brat, but I was/am. For someone who has his own questions on the whole religion thing, I feel unsure about partaking in a holiday that is based completely around the birth of the foundation of so many religions, but I guess I just do what I've become acustomed to in the past. I wont' get too much into the religion thing. Let me just say that I most definitely have my beliefs, and believe in some sort of higher all knowing power. I've heard it said before that you can be spiritual, but not religious. If I had to describe myself, I'd say that.

Anyway, that's it for now.

I'm out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home