Thursday, December 22, 2005

life

Just got the news that the office will be closed Friday and Monday. Exciting stuff, not that I really have anything to do though. I'm really enjoying myself up to this point so far. Nothing has really gone on, but it's nice to not have that transition period to where you have to learn everything new. If you look at the bigger picture though, I guess there is somewhat of a transition period. This month, or few months will be the transition into what is hopefully the rest of my life.

My Dad and I had a big talk last night about life, and what I should do, or what he thinks I should do. He usually starts every statement with, "I'm not telling you what to do...but". I know he isn't telling me what to do, and I appreciate that, but I also enjoy any input he has on anything. So he told me that I should hang around here as long as I want. Long enough to get my feet on the ground and figure out what exactly it is that I want to do with my life. I agree. I have my dream job right now, it's just all the intangibles that suck. I like to think that if this job was any where else, other than the Ingram/Kerrville area, that I'd be happy as a fat baby. I know I've said it before, I love this area, but I need to let myself go, get out of here, live on my own, be my own person, have everything depend solely on me. I think in the last year or so, I've become much more independent, but there's so much more growing space for me. Another of the intangibles is that I have this lust for the greenbacks, and want to, at some point, sooner than later, make enough money to where I don't have to worry about making my monthly payments, or stretching money out to last the entire month. With moving away comes a lot more costs, I realize that, but moving away also brings in a lot more money. I'm not complaining about the money I get from camp though, because I'd do this job for free if I could.

Anyway, back to the talk with mi padre. He said that if I wanted to hang around for a month, three months, or a year or two that I should do that. It should be my decision, and I should go where my heart takes me. Well not exactly those words, but kind of, I just like to church things up a bit.

My biggest quandary though is not wanting to be too far away from him. I'm pretty much all he's got, and the same for him to me. I've always been so careful with what I say, and what I do in front of him because I don't want to throw the image of the good son out, or take any chances on disappointing him. After the talk last night though, it kind of made me feel like it might be okay to go somewhere far away, just not too far. So with that, I'm still somewhat perplexed with what my next choice should be.

I know that all my recent posts have been over stuff like this, but it's a substantial decision that'll be eventually facing me, and it's on my mind day and night. I'm a friggin' genius though, so I'll figure it out....let's hope!


On a lighter note, I asked for a puppy for Christmas. I was only half serious, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted one. I'm not going to get one for Christmas, but I might in the next few months, so that's exciting for me. I need that constant companion and best friend with me all the time.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas Sancho! Don't move too far away from all your friends. :)

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Random that I just found your blog.

First, I don't think you could ever let your Dad down! I think your relationship with your dad is awesome. You can find a blend of moving on and still finding yourself. Maybe somewhere like New Mexico. Beautiful, different, but close enough for a long weekend with an okay priced plane ticket.

Other than that I would say try the humane society's in SA or Kerrville for your pup. Get a friend and save a good dog (plus skip the potty training!) They also have a lab rescue in K town.

Merry Christmas Sanch, much love.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://wyyzscqc.com/mivy/lluo.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wfvidpwl.com/hoqq/brdx.html]Cool site[/url]

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://wyyzscqc.com/mivy/lluo.html | http://xkgvtqzm.com/ftgz/fcxu.html

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home