Sunday, January 29, 2006

What a week

This has been somewhat of a whirlwind of a week. I went to work on Monday morning, then at lunch, left to go eat with my Dad, then afterwards to the San Antonio Airport. I flew into Phoenix and got their about 7:30. My sister's grandparents picked me up outside the airport and then took me out to eat at Chili's. My sister and brother-in-law (b-i-l) got there at about 10:00ish, and we afterwards made the two hour drive north towards Sedona. We got to their ranch sometime around 1. It was supposed to be a 2 hour drive, but the wind was bad, and we made a stop here and there, so it turned into around 3 hours. Fine with me though, the company was great.

Anyway, I won't go into every step of the trip, but I will say that is was quite an experience. We drove into the Sedona area under the cover of night. There wasn't much in the way of moonlight, so the surroundings that I was expecting were still from the pictures on the internet and tv that I've seen before. When I woke up the next morning, I was amazed at the surrounding. Everywhere around there were these huge rock formations jetting up from the ground, high into the sky. I've got tons of pictures, I'll post them this week maybe, when I get around a faster internet connection. We took a helicopter tour that day, and it's even more breath taking.

The trip was great for me, because I enjoy seeing the beauty of a place like that, but also because I had the opportunity to hang out with the family that isn't directly related to me. My sister and I have the same Dad, which makes us half siblings. Who has ever heard of half a brother or sister though. Well ever since I was small, her grandparents and mom have treated me like part of their own family even though they have no direct connection to me bloodwise. I'm extremely grateful for that. They are truly some of the nicest folks I know, and I feel fortunate to know people like them.

It was a 2 full day, 2 travel day trip. I must have gained about 10 pounds while I was there too. They keep me well fed. When I was dating Ana, she always said it seemed many of us plan our life from meal to meal. Which is something they don't do in Mexico I guess. We basically planned our time in Arizona from meal to meal.

My sister and I didn't really hang out like we did when I went to Atlanta, but we got to quite a bit. Plus I got to spend more time with my b-i-l. He's a little different than I, or any of my other friends, but I feel on this trip that we got to know each other much better. We had beers together a few times, and talked about going climbing next time we're there. That might, or might not happen. I thought he was being sarcastic when he was talking about it, but it turns out he was serious. Climbing is not really my thing, but maybe I can call Nate and get some pointers between now and then. I think it'll be more like hiking though. When I post these pictures, you'll see the terrain, and realize why I wasn't all that serious about it.

When I got back on Thursday night, my Dad was there to pick me up. We then came back to Kerrpatch and picked up Gus. He was excited to see me. He went into the creek today by himself. He doesn't really seem comfortable in the water yet. I bet its cold though!

Friday we worked a whole day, then Friday night went to the Old Ingram Social Club. I hadn't been there in months, probably half a year or so. Well it was Cullen's birthday, and the lady who runs the club wanted to throw Cullen a surprise birthday party. She really went all out. She even put a Happy Birthday Cullen on the board outside. That was my favorite part! I'll post a picture of that if I can find someone who took one. It'll be a shame if no one got it. Inside she had all kinds of food, and a birthday cake. She even went as far as to paint little football men purple (Vikings color) and with a toothpick write Cullen's name on the back in paint. It was neat. A lot of fun too, we had a good contingency of friends in there.

So that night, we all had fun and took full advantage of the party being at the bar. I came home and finished my laundry and stuff, because we had a camp showing starting early Saturday morning. I woke up at 6, after very little sleep, and showered, then went to Justin's house. We met the rest of the camp crew and went to Austin for this showing that lasted from 10 in the morning to 5 in the afternoon. I'm amazed we all ended up staying awake for that long. I know my feet were tired afterwards. J and I were supposed to go to San Antonio afterwards and meet my Dad and his crew of cooking buddies at the San Antonio stock show bar bq. We decided it would be better to come home instead and get some sleep. I was in bed, asleep at 9:15!

Today, I woke up, and at 10 a few of us went to San Antonio to help a friend's girlfriend move out of her apartment. When we get there, we confirm what we'd heard, the apartment is on the 3rd floor. Yeahhhh stairs. It really wasn't all that bad though. Three of us carried the heavy stuff, and filled up a trailer. It took around 2 hours. There is still some stuff left to do there, but all the heavy stuff is gone. That means they don't need any more of us knuckle draggers to haul down the stairs.

This week looks to be a little more of the same. It looks like J and I might head to the big LBK for a camp showing on Thursday. We'll leave Wednesday, and perhaps stay 'till, hmmm, I don't know for sure, Saturday would be great though. We gotta' get back before Sunday, it's going to be a super day. Actually, and XL super day!

Just to elaborate a little more on the camp showing, I think it went great. We are starting a one week term this year after normal four week ones are done. Our numbers for that aren't all that great as of now, but it seemed like the majority of the interest we received yesterday was from people looking for at the one week term. That would be great to get about 15 to 20 campers from the showing!

I'm out, have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home