Monday, January 09, 2006

Hunger Pangs

Resolution Smesholution...Can't believe it's not even the 10th yet and I'm tired of this dang diet, exercise thing. Not giving up yet though, it's just the incredible pangs for a juicy greasy burger, or that chocolate bar when going through the check out line at Wally World.

I can't really report and good reports yet. I imagine today that there will be a weigh in, and then every Monday from now on until I can't do it anymore. Something helping me this time that I didn't so much have last time I started is the presence of other people. Not wanting to be the odd man out has so much effect on a person that they stick with things for longer.

2006 still hasn't really hit me yet. Come to think of it, 2005 didn't really either. I know in November I put 2004 on several papers and checks. You'd think that far into a year I'd know which one it was by that point! Guess not though.

The time that we did the no carb diet in college and lost tons of weight, I really burned myself out on eggs. All kinds, I ate several a day. I'm afraid now that I'm going to do the same thing with salad. Good thing there's no chance I'll ever get burned out on steak! That's what's for dinner tonight. It's probably my favorite meal ever!

Figured out that I'm going to go to Arizona in a few weeks to visit my sister. Pretty exciting. It'll be the shortest amount of time between visits we've had in since she lived back in K-town. That was probably 15 years ago or so. Her Grandparents have a ranch out there, and they invited me to come with her. It'll be fun. Even though there is no blood relationship there (her Grandparents and myself), they've always treated me like their Grandson. I'm pretty appreciative for that. They're great people. I'm most looking forward to hang out with my sister though...

I don't have all that much to say today. Work's almost over, then it's time for a little exercise. I can't wait 'till Gus is big enough to make the trip around camp with me. He walked about a mile the other day, but I don't think he can keep up when I'm running. Not that I'm fast or anything, his legs just aren't long enough yet. He went and got his shots today. 80 bucks later, I hope he's a healthy little man...

Until Later...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sanch
I hear ya on the whole diet and exercise thing. I am doing the same thing. Oh and by the way I went in to work around 8 this morning and not 9:45...not sure what is wrong with my computer...kinda weird. I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever. :( We are both busy. Hope all is well! -W

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home