Sunday, March 26, 2006

On a cloud

This past week has been weird. It flew by really fast, a good time was had by all, but it seems that I've had my head in the clouds for some reason. I'm finally to the point where I'm happy with everything, or have come to accept everything for now, and all of the sudden I feel like a friggin' space cadet. I've never claimed to be some rocket scientist or anything, but I usually do a great job of paying attention, or thinking things out. This past week though has just been totally weird and not usual for me.

We played poker on Wednesday night, like we always do, I wasn't there though. I mean, I was there physically, sitting in the best poker chair I've ever had, but I wasn't there upstairs. I was catching on to things about 10 seconds too slow, or not paying attention to things going on around me. As usual, I didn't win any money. As a matter of fact, I didn't win a friggin' hand. The Ingram crew was completely shut out. I think those Kerrville kids have some strategy to knock us out and take our money. Not a big deal though, 3 hours of poker at $10 for the total time usually beats 3 minutes at the bar and $10 for just that 3 minutes.

So there have been several other instances in the past week. At work when doing all the paper work and stuff, I've had to concentrate more than usual to make sure I don't leave out a step in processing a kid for the summer. Today was a big one though. After a pretty fun time in Austin last night, Chuck and I decided we'd go down 35 to Cabellas. We spent about an hour in the store. It's funny how when I'm spending my own money, there aren't near as many things that I have to have. Anyway, after leaving Cabellas, we decided to go further down 35 to San Antonio, and eat at this Mexican food joint that I'm in love with. I got off of 35 and was cruising down this street, headed towards the best enchiladas I've ever had, and Chuck turns and looks at me and says, "did you see that?"

Me-"See what?"

Chuck-"that red light you just drove right through?"

Me-"What red light?"

Chuck-"The one right behind you."

Me-"oh crap"

Nice dialogue I know. I sometimes get made fun of because I'm too cautious of a driver. I'm actually cautious in just about everything I do in life. I'm not the most aggressive person you'll meet, and that's obvious by the way I drive. I brake on yellow instead of speed up, I slow down when I don't have a stop sign to make sure that no one is going to run theirs. You get the picture. Today, I say screw you to a red light. Thank goodness no one was coming the other way. I don't think I would have been able to explain to my Pops about the new beauty marks in his truck.

My goal for this week. Snap out of it! I don't mind being a space cadet every now and then, but this 24 hours a day thing for the last week sucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home