Thursday, May 04, 2006

Longfall

Has anyone ever felt like they are setting themselves up for failure? This isn't a big thing, and not a big depressing thing, but just something that's been on my mind as of late. It's funny how we get all these premonitions in our heads and go with them, then the next thing you know, reality kicks in and you are stuck somewhere between where you started and the top of the world.

It's dang near impossible to be at the top of the world. Everyone is capable of it, but the contributing factors to that rise all have to line up at the same time. Well, these premonitions had my head in the clouds, and now that reality is starting to set in, I wonder if I should start heading back down the mountain before I get too high, or perhaps trek my way towards the top. It funny how one more step makes the fall seem that much longer.

This isn't one of those I'm sad with the state of the world things, just some deep thinking that I've been doing lately. You gotta' sometimes ask if it's better to pull your head out before it gets all wrapped up in the B.S. that comes with life. It really can translate to almost any aspect of things. All your friends will tell you to go for it, but is that always the best. The confidence that comes from making it to the top is probably the most gratifying pleasure one could have. The flip side though is the shattering of any type of assurance you may have felt. Funny stuff this life thing!

Have a good one....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home