Friday, June 02, 2006

Ramblings

It's rolling around. It seems like every day gets longer as we get a little closer to the day that the gates open and the highlight of the summer pours in. We've had counselors here for a little over a week by this time. Those who didn't come early came in on Wednesday and Thursday. Now here we are, fully staffed, orientating everyone, and counting the minutes 'till the gates open. I like the staff. I actually love the staff so far. Everyone seems to get along well, and be interested in just hanging out. There are the usual little cliques here and there, but even those will hang out with the large group. I can't wait for Monday to come, it's the crescendo of all the work that we've done since last September. Once we get over that peak, it's for the most part smooth sailing. I've done so much speaking over the last few days, I hope my voice doesn't leave me.

Not too much else to say. It's been a while since I've posted. Several great things happened today. Other than being in God's country of course. I feel blessed every day to be able to do the things I do.

The Morriss family was previewed in the West Kerr Current. Not really that big of a deal, but I did learn a little family history that I hadn't previously known. Plus, I got my picture on page 6. That's an embarrassing story for me. My Dad called me earlier this week and asked if I could make it in to take a picture for the paper. It was the first day of orientation though, and there was no way I could get back. He wanted to get 3 generations of the Morriss clan in there. I told him uh uh, no chance, so he decided to grab one of my high school graduation pictures off the wall and take it with him. In the picture, there's 2 generations of Morriss, then my Dad holding in his hands the 3rd generation. Yup, you guessed it, yours truly. I know he had great intentions, and is nothing but proud of his boy, but sheesh...Check out the Ingram News link on my page here, it wasn't on there last I checked, but maybe sometime they'll put it up.

Lastly, perhaps life altering news...My chances of going to Costa Rica improved dramatically today. It's a sure deal if I'll just gut up and do it. I'm looking at the month of September.

Entries will more than likely be limited this summer, but I'll try to get on here now and again. Hope everyone is doing well!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO TO COSTA RICA! Someday you won't have the luxury of following your dreams. And you don't want to be 'that guy" who had the opportunity to fulfill his fantasy's and passed them up... because he was a chicken! Just do it Sanch... you diserve it.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous above was Katie S. I just couldn't login. Have a great summer, I hope camp is AMAZING!

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home