Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Day 4

Here I am again, the noonish break that we have most everyday. I'm about to bash this computer I'm using because it's an Mac, and I don't understand how the heck to use it. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to sign off of AIM.

So my schedule it pretty easy, but I've been really worn out the last couple of days after classes. I have class from 10-12, then 1-5 pretty much. I really enjoy the 2 hour class, but the four hour class is a little long to be sitting in one place. We get a 15 minute break, but still, it's somewhat of an information overload. I'm putting all the new words that I learn in one notebook, and I've already got 6 full pages. Tonight, even more. I'm the dummy who forgot to bring a spanish --> english dictionary too.

A funny thing happened yesterday. We were supposed to pick out 5 adjectives that described ourselves. Also, we weren't allowed to use the obvious, like alto, gordo, etc. I picked a few, then looked on the internet for a few others. One that I found was gastado. It's literal meaning is worn out, so since I've been feeling that way pretty much since I got here, I used it. Well the teacher laughed when I used it. The teacher by the way is a fairly attractive woman probably in her early 30's. She said that machines get gastado, not people. She said that sometimes women will describe men as gastado if they've been around the block. Needless to say I was a little averganzado (embarrassed). I didn't bother to tell her that my nickname is Sancho either, she might have really thought that I was gastado! I also used the word juevon for lazy. That obviously is slang.

Yesterday after school a few of us went out and had a couple of pitchers of the local Costa Rican beer. It's called Imperial. From what I could understand, it's like our Natty Light. Still though, it was palatable. We only had a couple of pitchers, then all returned to our respective homes. It was nice to go out and do something. I think we're going to make that a daily happening.

Nobody in Costa Rica wears shorts. I brought a few pair, but hadn't worn them yet. Yesterday though was so hot that I said screw the trend and will be wearing shorts from now on. It wasn't really hot, but humid as heck. Like %160 humidity. I'm sure I'll stick out like a sore thumb when I'm walking down the street, but I think I do a good enough job of that already!

This is post 100 for me...plus I've had exactly 1300 hits. I did the math, on and that's 13 people per posting...Maybe some of you people do care what I think...

Hasta Luego...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pic, seems i have seen it on several different pages, sounds like you are doing well you man whore

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home