Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Cowboys, Vikings, and Ticos

Once again everything seems to be rushing at me at once. I'll have my fair share of Cowboys, Vikings, and Ticos in the next few days. Tomorrow is Thursday and I leave to Dallas for a day. The Vikings are playing at Texas Stadium tomorrow night. Since it's the one time that Cullen will be in Texas, I obtained a few tickets and some of us are going up for the night. Call it blasphemy, but the four of us going will be cheering for the Vikings. I'm sure there's quite a few budweiser drinkers at Texas Stadium that aren't going to like that. I've never been a Cowboy's fan. I was an Oilers fan, then we lost them, so I was teamless for years. Once Cullen signed with the Vikings I started getting back into the NFL thing a bit, and have claimed the Vikings as my own. If he decides to move elsewhere after his contract is up this season, then my allegiance will follow. Call me fair-weather if you will, but the professional game just doesn't stand up to College Football. There's nothing I enjoy more than watching Texas Tech, or Texas playing on Saturdays.

We'll get back Friday afternoon, then it's time for some serious packing. I'm going to try to pack as light as possible. With me though, that usually doesn't happen. There are so many things that I think I'll need, then once I get there I won't use half of them. I've decided I'm taking one rolling bag, and my backpack. If I can't fit something in there, it's not going. I leave here at 7 in the morning Sunday. After a short stop in Houston, I'll roll into Costa Rica at 1 o'clock Texas time on Sunday afternoon. That's the Tico part I was talking about. Costa Ricans call themselves Ticos. So for a month, I'll be hanging with those folks. Everyone that I talk to about the trip that has been has absolutely nothing bad to say about the place, so it's making me even more anxious to go. I put a link over to the right of the school I'm going to be at. I'm doing 4 weeks of classes for 6 hours a day. If I'm not way better at Spanish when I get back, then it's a lost cause.

When I get back, it's back to wedding time. We had a pretty tight group of friends in High School that were in the class of '99. As of now, there's only 3 of us that aren't married, or soon to be married. What are these people doing? Tomorrow all three of us will be together. One of these days, but sheesh, not yet. If I was already married, I sure as hell wouldn't be going to Costa Rica...Maybe for the Monterrey wedding, my Spanish will be stellar!

Things I'll miss in Costa Rica:
My Dad
My Dog
My Friends
Dove Hunting <--big time, I hope I can get some done when I get back
The Guadalupe
Astros Games
College Football/Vikings game

Things I won't miss:
English
The dry weather <--although, it'll rain almost every day I'm there
CAMPWISE <--Camp database that drives me nuts (only because of the slow connection I used to have.)

I'll try to update as often as possible. Y'all know how to get a hold of me! Have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home