Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Day 23 & the Astros

Yet another exciting day here in Costa Rica. I've got 3 and a half days left until the classes are all over, and then it's time for a little traveling. I found out last night that my Dad is going to come down with Chuck. Which is cool, because he needs to get away for a little vacation, and it also means that Chuck and I won't be relying on my Espanol alone. I've decided that we're going to start our vacation with a trip to Puerto Viejo. It's in the extreme southeast of the country. I've never seen the Caribbean before, so I'm pretty excited about it. After that, we'll come back to San Jose for a day or so, my Dad has to leave to go back to the states, then Chuck and I will either do one of two things: go to Arenal Volcano, or hit up Manual Antonio. I've been to Manual Antonio, but as most of you have seen in my pictures, it's a beautiful place and definitely worth a second trip. If we're both tired of beaches though, we might go to Arenal Volcano instead. We shall see I guess.

These past four weeks have flown by so fast. I can't even begin to explain it. This week the group that I've met down here has decided to do something every night! That'll be fun. Last night we went to the bar that's down the road from the school. One of the girl's husband is in, and he's from West Texas. It was good getting to talk to someone who knew a little about the drive out west. We talked about what a shock it is when you're driving west from Austin and all of the sudden hit Eden. You hit Llano, and Brady, which aren't Austin, but have a different feel than Eden. Once you hit that 87 and 83 intersection, it's like you are thrown back in time 50 years. I guess it's a neat thing for some, I find it funny though.

Tonight I think we're going to go to the Jazz cafe. I don't know who'll be playing, but it's a neat bar regardless. I'm sure even if I knew the name of who'll be playing, I still wouldn't know who it is...

So I've tried my hardest to ignore this late season surge the Astros are trying to pull off. I've actually tried to ignore the last couple of months of Astros baseball because it's been so disappointing. I can't do it anymore though. I'm not saying my hopes are up high, but the little sliver of a chance there is that they might make the playoffs has me a little excited! The last few seasons have been so exciting coming down the stretch. I think they started too late this year, but at least they aren't rolling over and nose diving.

I'm not saying the 'stros WILL make the playoffs, but I like their chances if they do...

1)Roy Oswalt
2)Andy Pettitte
3)Roger Clemens

wait wait wait...
1a)Lance Berkman

No one wants to face those three...

Now that I've completely ruined any chance they have, I'll shut up!

Hasta Luego!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home