Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dive Texas

Been thinking a lot lately about getting my Scuba Certification. Back in the day, my Dad made a bunch of trips all over the place on Scuba vacations. I didn't really see the appeal in breathing underwater.

I'm not sure what's so appealing about it to me now either. I don't know if I'm starting to like the idea of being underwater and seeing things that you can't see without the aid of the Scuba gear, or the the travel involved. Seeing as how there aren't a lot of exotic diving locales in Texas, that means flights, foreign languages, islands, boats, bikinis, and probably a few beers. After seeing it typed out like that, the later of the two looks very appealing.

I'm also not a very strong swimmer. Everyone says that doesn't matter too much. You just have to make sure you can out swim your dive partner, in case of sharks. To add to any anxiety about diving, I recently watched Sanctum in 3D. (I don't get the 3D craze, but that's a whole other post.) It's safe to say that I'll be staying away from any cave diving.

This also could be a way for me to broaden my horizons. I'm as bad as anyone about staying in my comfort zone. Staying above water, not straying too far from the norm. This would be pretty far out there for me. Plus the added benefits of the travel. What is there to think about? Maybe someday I'll be posting some wild underwater pictures. Time will tell!

Have a great one!

1 Comments:

Blogger John Runswith-Horses said...

I say go for it..

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home