Monday, February 27, 2012

Lent Update

So the Fried Food thing hasn't gone so well! Whoops!

I ordered sweet & sour chicken on the day after Ash Wednesday without even thinking about it being fried. I was about halfway through when I realized my mistake!

Who needs to give up 3 things?

Proud to say that the no drinking, and no Facebook things are still going strong!

Here's my biggest problem with the Facebook thing though...

I just recently signed up for a free month of spotify. I am in no way musically inclined. I took piano lessons in 2nd grade, but they didn't stick. I don't have the coordination to play anything else. However, I absolutely love music though. All music! Seriously, you should see my iPod. I've got country, rock, rap, R&B, Spanish, etc. This was the great thing about spotify, just about everything was available on there to listen to.

Plus it broke of the monotony of the work day by having some great music that I picked in the background!

Well I was shocked to find out that you couldn't have a spotify account without a Facebook account. When I put my Facebook account on suspension, I lost my spotify access. Sad day. I must stay strong though. No Facebook for me, means no spotify. I'll just go back to Pandora.

So if for some reason, some spotify person accidentally strolls along this, pass on that the whole Facebook to join thing is not great business. I'd be more than willing to pay the monthly fee for spotify, but don't want to be strapped down to Facebook as well.


I'll step off the soap box now...

2012 has kind of been the suck so far. If I had the opportunity to do things differently, I would. Guess that's not a luxury that we're afforded though, so we must make the best of what we are handed.

Learn from our mistakes. Be strong, carry on!

Hope all is great!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Katie S. said...

So funny! I was clearing out my old bookmarks and at the very bottom was the link to this blog. I don't think I have read it in over a year, no biggie as it appears you haven't posted in about that long anyway. I would do a ton of things differently if I could, if only that were a luxury!!! I didn't know you were agnostic. I most closely fit there too though I still pray regularly. I find myself becoming one of those annoying people that are best described as "spiritual" rather than religious. I am about to try out a universalist church which has everything from pagans to Buddhists. Should be interesting. Anyway, good for you for giving up FB for a while. I thought about giving up "recreational electronics" but knew it would be destined for failure. Best wishe as you are in the final stretch of Lent.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home